Friday, April 22, 2011

Buddy Break

If you haven't checked out a Buddy Break, RUN, don't walk to your computer and sign up NOW!  You will be so happy you did!  We didn't learn about them until the fall of 2010 and are so happy we joined.  We go to Wesley Memorial and LOVE Janis!  The people there are Saints.  You do a short orientation to describe your kiddo's wants/needs and then you are off for 3 hours.  Yes, you read that right, THREE HOURS!  ****Ahhhhhh**** can you hear the angels singing????  The first time my hubby and i went, we didn't know what to do with ourselves.  We walked around Target (b/c this is such a hot spot, ya know?) for a while and then decided to grab lunch.  Talk about a weird concept...eating a HOT lunch.  I hadn't done that in 3 yrs!  I actually burned my mouth.  My meals are usually luke warm at best, so I was actually shocked...how sad.  Our meal was pretty quiet because we were so used to taking care of the twins and they are usually the ones making noise.  It was like an awkward first date.  lol  We ended up picking the kids up early that day because we had no idea what to do to fill 3 hours by ourselves.  Now, we enjoy every last minute.  :)  Last weekend we enjoyed a leisurely lunch & even ordered an appetizer.   I know, i know, we've gone WILD!  Watch out Tampa Bay, ASD parents on break!  So you see, I'm telling you this to save your sanity.  We don't have family or babysitters, so it's just US.  We need that 3 hours every month.  Most people think 3 hours, that's nothing, but when you have to be "ON" 24/7, 3 hours feels like a vacation! So go ahead and find YOUR wild...you deserve it!


Here's a recent picture of Em when we picked her up.  She was so excited to show off her handmade Easter bonnet and crafts!

2 comments:

  1. Oh My Goodness!!! Hahahahaha.. I am already swinging my swimsuit top in the air...well actually my Miracle Suit whole piece. hehe.. THis post was hilarious.. I thoroughly enjoyed it... I am so preoud of you Jacs... You're doing an awesome job with your blog... Thank you so much for that valuable information warrior mom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lisa! You are making my day! If I make one person smile today, then i've done my job. :)

    ReplyDelete