Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Just keep swimming....

Many of you are wrapping up the school year this week and I'm right there with ya.  There are only two, count them, TWO days of school left.  YIKES!  If you are like me, you have been plugging away for months trying to set up therapies and things to keep your kiddos entertained.  I'm sad to report, I. HAVE. NOTHING.  :(  We are keeping up with our HBOT and we are trying to set up in home speech, but we have nothing else planned. All of the camps require the kids be at least 5 yrs old, so those are out.  We are still looking into one or two and I'll let you know what I find.

A friend of mine also posted concerns about the summer.  I wrote back, "Say it with me, 'Just keep swimming, just keep swimming....'".  If  we can just keep pushing along and keep our heads above water this summer, we should be good.  This should be the mantra for all of us in the ASD community.

Life is difficult enough and we should be able to look to our friends for love and support.  A true friend is someone who will lift you up, not tear you down, so beware of the devil working through supposed "friends".  A little something to ponder....

“The righteous should CHOOSE HIS FRIENDS CAREFULLY, for the way of the wicked leads them astray.” (Proverbs 12:26)



No comments:

Post a Comment